Big fat TexturePacker 2.4.0 update
Andreas Löw texturepacker
This is a really big fat update for TexturePacker. I packed 25 new features inside it! What do you get in detail?
Simply drag your flash files (.swf) onto TexturePacker and it extracts the images and builds a sprite sheet from them! Requires installed Flash Player Plugin. This feature works on Windows & MacOS - Linux is currently not working well.
QuickLook plugin on MacOS
No need to open TexturePacker to view your .pvr and .pvr.ccz files anymore. TexturePacker now contains a QuickView plugin so you can view the files right from finder!
User interface improvements
I also added a lot of interface improvements to make work with TexturePacker easier.
- New layout of the left side panel allowing easier change of exporter
- Auto update sprite sheet when re-entering TexturePacker
- Sprite highlighting
- Reveal in Finder / Explorer
- Preferences to change checkerboard color and highlight color
- New icons
- Backspace / delete to remove sprites
- Dialog to select the Flash Player plugin to use
- Drag your sprites here - to give new users a faster start
- Allowing free choice of texture data file name
- Fit button for zoom
- Folders inside a smart folder are now blue
- Auto populate file names from other names e.g. save blah.tps also sets blah.png and blah.plist
Many people requested a way to save the default settings so that they don't have to set exporter and other stuff on restarting. - Here it is! (Pro only)
I also added a ton of new exporters such as
Since many users build for Android I also added support for Linux - currently Ubuntu 10.x. It might still have some quirks (e.g. Flash does not yet work) but is a good start. I decided to build on Ubuntu since it seem to be the most used platform.
Here are some new image export features. Main function is support for flipped PVRs and RGB888 as output format.
- Option to use flipped PVR files
- Support for RGB888
- Unflip flipped pvrs in viewer
- Allow free size for PVR textures (might not work on all targets)
- Rotation support for AndEngine
- Default padding is now 2 - This effects the command line client!
- Corona exporter uses better module concept (http://blog.anscamobile.com/ 2011/09/a-better-approach-to-external-modules/)