A list of tutorials for Unity covering sprites, sprite sheets, polygon meshes, draw call optimization and light effects using normal maps and shaders.
Tutorial: This video shows you how create dynamic light effects for your pixel art scene in Unity using normal maps created with SpriteIlluminator.Continue reading...
TexturePacker Importer 4.4.1 does not work with the current Unity 2017.3 update.
Please download a fixed version of the importer from here until it's available from the Unity Asset Store.Continue reading...
Polygon mesh sprites are a way to improve rendering performance and increase your frame rate.
TexturePacker 4 not only creates optimized sprite meshes but also packs them tightly into a sprite sheet.
You'll learn how you can enable polygon packing and make use of it in your Uniy project.Continue reading...
- Creating normal mapped sprites with SpriteIlluminator
- Packing sprite sheets and normal maps with TexturePacker
- Importing normal mapped sprites into Unity
This tutorial describes how you can use TexturePacker to create sprite sheets for Unity's 2D extension.
- Prepare your Unity project to read TexturePacker sprite sheets
- Create your sprite sheet and load it into Unity
- Handling deleted sprites in Unity
- Simplify your sprites workflow in Unity