Fight for the White House! Cast your vote in the ring!
Uncle Slam® pits U.S. presidents against each other in bouts of gentlemen’s boxing. Choose your favorite head of state and get ready to fight your way to the top with gesture-based action in a fun (and slightly offbeat) boxing experience.
"Remember that MTV show Celebrity Death match where claymation famous people would battle each other in hilariously violent bouts? This is kind of like that except you can pit your favorite presidents against one another, and with an awesome name." - Leslie Horn, Gizmodo.com
• 21 U.S. presidents, each with a distinctive fighting style based on their physical prowess and unique “Presidential Powers” that reflect a significant moment from their presidency or folklore
• Dynamic, physics-based gameplay and direct touch controls that get you right into the action
• More than 40 iconic stages around the United States
• Gorgeous high resolution hand-drawn artwork and more than 45 original composed songs
• Local multiplayer and single-player campaigns for each president
• Available for all iOS 5-compatible devices, including: iPad (all generations), iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPod Touch (3rd generation and later)
Now entering the ring…
Included: George Washington, John Adams, Millard Fillmore, Abraham Lincoln, Chester A. Arthur, William Howard Taft, Harry S. Truman, Richard Nixon, Bill Clinton
Also Available In App:
• Term Limits Pack: Gerald Ford, John F. Kennedy, Warren G. Harding, Zachary Taylor, William Henry Harrison
• Independence Pack: Thomas Jefferson, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Woodrow Wilson, Benjamin Harrison, Franklin Pierce
• Partisan Politics Pack: George W. Bush and Barack Obama
TexturePacker was invaluable to the development of Uncle Slam. The game has (including DLC) over 25 characters and 50 stages, each with many unique hand-drawn graphic sprites.
TexturePacker made it easy to build an asset pipeline that converted over 4000 PNG sprites (weighing in at over 120 MB) to around 550 PVR sprite sheets with a total file size of under 60 MB (compressed with CCZ).
With the large sizes and number of sprites, Uncle Slam would not have been possible to make without TexturePacker's optimizations for performance and memory usage.
The GUI is great for seeing what is going on, but the command line support is where the real power is. Plenty of flexible options allowed us to build our asset pipeline around TexturePacker and easily support both iPhone and iPad, retina and non-retina.
At the onset of its development, we knew Uncle Slam would be a physics-based game. PhysicsEditor was one of the first tools that really helped get us moving forward. It allowed us to quickly build shapes based on graphics and load them into the Box2D physics engine. PhysicsEditor was an important part of our process when building characters and other physics elements of the game.
The shape tracer, and the ability to see the related sprite graphic for the shape, make PhysicsEditor a joy to use.
Put TexturePacker in your build scripts!