Support & FAQ
Are you having problems with BabelEdit? Don't worry - I am here to help. If you can't find the answer in the FAQs, you can contact me at the bottom of the page.
- I did not receive a license key.
Please be patient. It might take some minutes until your order is processed.
If you did not receive an email with the license key, there might be 2 possible reasons:
- Your spam filter caught the license emails (please check your spam folder). Look for emails from 2checkout (2co.com)
- There was a typo in the email address entered during purchase. In this case you won't have any email from me or 2checkout. Please contact email@example.com and supply all data that might help them find your account.
- I've lost my license key!
The download link in the purchase email does not work anymore.
- Please visit the License manager and enter the email address that you used to purchase BabelEdit. A new license key will be sent to you immediately.
- On how many computers can I use BabelEdit?
- You can use BabelEdit on up to 2 computers as long as you are the only person using it.
- Can I use my license on Mac and Windows?
- The licenses work on both systems. You can use it on Windows and Mac as long as you are the only person using it and you don't install it on more than 2 computers.
- Do you have discounts if I ... ?
- I set BabelEdit to a low price to give independent developers a chance to buy a
The drawback for this is that I can't give big discounts. Sorry.
I do, however, offer a 20% discount to schools, colleges, and universities.
- Can I use BabelEdit for commercial products?
- Sure. You can use all data that you created with BabelEdit in commercial and other products. No additional fees apply. But you must not ship a BabelEdit license as part of your product without my permission.
- Where can I get an invoice for my purchase?
- A link to your invoice should be contained in one of the emails you get from 2Checkout.
- Can I get a multi-user license?
What about business/volume licenses?
- Simply enter the amount you need during the purchase process. The license
will have the name of the person who bought the license.
You can use the license for the matching amount of users.
- Where is the license agreement (EULA) on Windows?
- The license agreement is inside BabelEdit's program folder.
- Where is the license agreement (EULA) on Mac?
- The license agreement is inside BabelEdit's .dmg file.
- I want ... changed/added/removed from the license agreement (EULA).
- Please understand that we are software developers
and no experts in international law.
Our current license agreement was created by a lawyer. We can't simply change parts of it - but I can give you a custom license agreement following this procedure:
- You send me the changes you need in the license agreement. Languages accepted are either English or German. German is preferred since it might reduce the cost of translating your terms.
- We'll have our lawyer verify your terms (which might also require translating them). You have to bear the costs for this up-front - independent of the result of the verification.
- We'll agree to your terms if we and our lawyer agree that the terms are acceptable for us.
- I need some papers for <whatever reason> signed from you.
- Sure - we can do that. Please understand that we are software developers
and no experts in international law.
This is why we only sign papers following this procedure:
- You send me the papers you need signed. Languages accepted are either English or German. German is preferred since it might reduce the cost of translating your terms.
- We'll have our lawyer verify your papers (which might also require translating them). You have to bear the costs for this up-front - independent of the result of the verification.
- We'll sign your papers if we and our lawyer agree that the terms are acceptable for us.
- BabelEdit crashes when opening a file dialog (Windows)
- One of the following programs on your computer might cause this crash —
usually because the software tries to draw overlay icons:
- Alien Respawn (pre-installed on AlienWare PCs)
- Dell Backup and Recovery (pre-installed on DELL PCs)
- Tortoise Hg
- Tortoise Svn
- Tortoise Git
- BabelEdit freezes and behaves strange
We've seen this on Windows 10 on MSI notebooks: The Nahimic audio driver
injects a DLL in other processes: NahimicMSIDevProps.dll and NahimicMSIOSD.dll .
Both might cause dead locks freezing the user interface.
- Disable Nahimic drivers
- Uninstall Nahimic drivers
- Update Nahimic drivers. This might be the best solution but I was not able to find an official place to download the drivers.
- BabelEdit crashes immediately after launch (MacOS)
- If you open the CrashLog you see something like:
Dyld Error Message: Symbol not found: _EVP_idea_cbc Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libssl.0.9.8.dylib Expected in: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylibThe reason for this is that you have MacPorts or Fink installed. Some packets of it install their own libssl which does not have all the symbols that the original Apple version has.
Ways to fix this (choose one):
Remove the version of the libssl in /usr/local/lib
and add a symlink to the standard location /usr/lib:
cd /usr/local/lib sudo rm libssl* sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.dylib libssl.dylib sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.0.9.8.dylib libssl.0.9.8.dylib
- or: Re-order the library/executable search paths.
- or: Remove MacPorts' folder from your path when using BabelEdit.
- Remove the version of the libssl in /usr/local/lib and add a symlink to the standard location /usr/lib:
Advertising, link exchange
- Do you do link exchange?
- No. But if you have a page that has some value to the users of my tools (e.g. tutorials, podcasts, screen casts...) I might add a link to the tutorials section.
Still need help?
Please click on the button below to submit a help request: