SpriteIlluminator Support & FAQ
- Alien Respawn (pre-installed on AlienWare PCs)
- Dell Backup and Recovery (pre-installed on DELL PCs)
- Tortoise Hg
- Tortoise Svn
- Tortoise Git
- Disable Nahimic drivers
- Uninstall Nahimic drivers
- Update Nahimic drivers. This might be the best solution but I was not able to find an official place to download the drivers.
Features & Frameworks
- Which frameworks will be supported?
All frameworks that support shaders or 2d lighting are supported.
We'll try to get demos and tutorials running for the following frameworks as soon as possible:
- Cocos2d / SpriteBuilder
- Corona SDK
- OpenGl/OpenGl-ES Shader
- Is SpriteIlluminator going to work with Framework X?
You should be able to use SpriteIlluminator with any framework that supports
It depends on the framework how much work is involved to get things running...
- What features are planned?
We are currently open about the direction we are going to go. This will
depend on the users (you!) and what their needs are.
We have several things that we can imagine integrating:
- Animation preview
- Additional output - e.g. ambient occlusion maps
- Alternative lighting models - e.g. Phong shading
- Additional painting tools - e.g. blur, structure painting, ...
- Export of pre-lighted sprites
- Edit mode for isometric games
- How does SpriteIlluminator work with sprite sheets / TexturePacker?
SpriteIlluminator works on single images. It's up to you what kind of images you feed into it.
Single sprites - Recommended. Work on single sprites in SpriteIlluminator. You can work on multiple sprites at the same time using multi selection. Export the sprites as single normal maps and use TexturePacker for packing.
Read our Adding normal maps into sprite sheets tutorial for more information how to use normal maps with TexturePacker.
Suppors advanved features like animation preview.
Sprite sheets - Deprecated. SpriteIlluminator treats a sprite sheet as if it was a single image. You can apply effects to all sprites at the same time or use the selection tools to restrict effects to single sprites.
SpriteIlluminator does not parse complex sprite sheet date files - so advanced features like animations will only be available when you use single sprites.
- What license will SpriteIlluminator have?
SpriteIlluminator will be under the same license as TexturePacker.
- A license can be used by a named single user on up to 2 computers.
- Bigger companies can purchase volume licenses
- The license does not expire - no subscription required
- A license comes with 1 year of upgrades included
- After the free upgrade period you can either extend the license or continue with the latest version released within your upgrade period
- Can I get a free license?
Bloggers, framework developers and book authors can sign up
for a free license.
There are no strings attached: If we send you a license you can simply use it.
We are - of course - happy if you write a blog post about SpriteIlluminator - but that's not a must. If you don't want to write a blog post - that's fine for me.
The blogger license must not be used to create commercial games or applications.
Game Jams and other coding events
- Can get a free license for a game jam?
- Yes. We support game jams and other coding events with free licenses. The organizer of the event has to contact us by mail and give us some details about the event: email@example.com.
- Is it open source?
No - sorry.
We are a small company trying to make a living from our software products...
- How much will a license cost?
- Please visit the Store to see the exact price.
- Are bundles available?
- Yes. SpriteIlluminator can be purchased as bundle with TexturePacker and / or PhysicsEditor. Please visit the Store for details.
... still need help?
Still need help with SpriteIlluminator? Fill out this form and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Due to the amount of emails I receive, it could take up some time for a response.
If your bug is simple and without further questions from my side, it'll be fixed in one of the next releases. In this case I usually do not write a reply mail. Check the release notes of the next release to see if your bug is fixed.
This form is for SpriteIlluminator support issues only.
Have a request or suggestion for SpriteIlluminator? Just fill out this form. Due to the amount of emails I receive, I don’t reply to requests or suggestions (unless I have further questions). However, I read them all and good ideas might be implemented in one of the next versions ;-)